If we are products of our experiences,
our work speaks volumes about us.
Marketing and Communications, METRO Solutions Light-Rail Transit Expansion Project, Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas (Washington Group International/URS)
January 2007 marked the beginning of METRO's joint venture to build city-wide light-rail transit corridors in Houston. In this huge undertaking, METRO needed assistance in distributing key messages about light-rail transit, construction information, safety awareness, business assistance programs, small business initiatives and other community outreach opportunities.
Crouch Communications joined the METRO Solutions team to provide full-time support for three years, providing communications and marketing services for the light-rail transit expansion project as an extension of the METRO corporate communications and community outreach staff. Crouch Communications established many outreach activities, facilitated monthly community meetings along each corridor, and even assisted METRO in rebranding to their current tagline, "Going Places."
Marketing and communications responsibilities to METRO for five inner-city light-rail corridors included:
- Community outreach campaign development and implementation
Public Meeting and event planning and execution (on a routine, monthly basis)
- Multilingual collateral materials, including design, production, and mass distribution including postcards, newsletters, brochures, maps, and other public education materials
- Video production of hour-long public access documentaries and informational short films
- Branding for multiple programs including: the "I Ride" Campaign, Communities in Motion, the Community School Safety Education Program, the Youth Mobility Advisory Council, and more
- Development and maintenance of the METRO Solutions project website (www.metrosolutions.org) and online social media presences
- Audiovisual presentations and display design
- Media relations support and training seminars
- Commercial and event photography
- Turn-key pieces such as FAQ sheets, student activities, and construction mitigation updates
- As-needed communications support to the METRO Community Outreach team and satellite Corridor Offices
2017© Crouch Environmental Services, Inc.BB